Thursday, September 4, 2008

God is Good

God is good, all the time.

Obviously, I wasn't feeling that on Monday, when I did my last post. But my psychiatrist made a brilliant choice in putting me on Namenda. I have had only two tablets and I feel better already! I have never had such a rapid turn around in my mood. Of course there is a small chance that this is only temporary, and I will go back to feeling like the world is collapsing around me. But I don't think so. This feels like it's the real thing. There is also a chance that I will go into mania, but I don't feel any of my usual manic urges, so I think this medicine is working for me. Praise God!

Susanna sent me Jeremiah 29:11 to meditate on. "I know what I'm doing. I have it all planned out -- plans to take care of you, not abandon you, plans to give you the future you hope for" (The Message -- The Bible in Contemporary Language). So I will be strong and take courage, for God has already shown me goodness. And I will trust that God has put the right people in my life right now to help me make the right decisions.

1 comment:

Lucky S. Michaels said...

Thank God for the drugs that God gave us to get us from one day to the next.