Monday, January 5, 2009

Schedules and stars

The Scriptures I read yesterday counseled that we realize that things take place in God's time, not on our schedules. And the sermon was about following our star, wherever that leads us, even if it's out of our comfort zone. Since I no longer believe in coincidence, I have to believe that my plans for 2009 will take place when God is ready, not necessarily when I want or "need" them to, and that going out of my comfort zone is okay. What plans, you ask? Keep checking this blog and I will let you know.

3 comments:

Lucky S. Michaels said...

i know some plans for today and some plans for this year keep me posted!

Clare Shipstead said...

I just checked this site for how your life is going and there is no update. Maybe when you get settled into PA, you will be able to give praise for the first half of your 2009 life.

aradhna said...

I agree that events "DO" happen in God's time, however I don't think we were meant to "take a number", be seated and wait for God's time. We must act as if the event we are praying for has already taken place and posture ourselves in such a way as to receive a yes, should God answer us in that way. Regardless of the outcome, thanking God and praising him in advance for that event is in order.I also believe that there is no such thing as a coincidence, it is really God showing up anonymously.Follow that star no matter what, because when we are held accountable and stand before God he won't care what the outcome may have been, he will want you to have done your very best and to have loved as he loved.